AI Governance: The Business Perspective
WSIS Forum 2020
RegHorizon Virtual Workshop, June 24th, 13:00 CET
On June 24th, RegHorizon hosted a live discussion in which we explored the role of policy frameworks to achieve the right balance between the opportunities and risks of AI technologies and promote innovation.
The three main pillars of our discussion were WHY AI Governance, WHAT has been done so far and HOW to move forward. The event featured:
- Setting the stage by Ayisha Piotti, RegHorizon’s Managing Partner.
- An overview of the latest developments in AI governance, in particular in Europe, delivered by Dimitrios Psarrakis, Technology & Innovation Policy specialist at the European Parliament.
- Examples from two businesses on how they see these developments and what needs to be done differently from their perspective. We will hear from:
- Gilles Lunzenfichter, CEO of Medisante, Swiss IoT company revolutionizing access to healthcare via remote patient monitoring and,
- Mathieu Hagen, CEO of Gamaya, Swiss company supporting sustainable farming through digital agronomy solutions based on advanced imaging and AI.
- The workshop was moderated by RegHorizon’s Managing Director, Sanja Fabrio
We also discussed how you can join this debate and contribute concretely as a business, government representative, academic or entrepreneur to the future of AI Governance.
Meet Our Panelists
Co Founder & Managing Partner, RegHorizon
Technology & Innovation Policy Specialist at the European Parliament