In collaboration with
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a force for the good, yet it poses many challenges. Policy is a tool to build trust and create a better future for all. Come join this interactive conference, a unique opportunity to co-create and stress-test new AI policy ideas alongside high level business leaders, regulators and academia.
THE CONFERENCE IN A NUTSHELL
An unbiased platform for a truly multi-stakeholder exchange among policy makers, business, civil society and academia.
25+ confirmed speakers:
International Business Leaders, Government Representatives & Academics.
3 key themes.
2 academic paper review sessions,
led by ETH Zürich.
3 KEY THEMES
HOW CAN POLICY BUILD TRUST?
HOW CAN WE ALIGN REGULATION ACCROSS DIFFERENT GEOGRAPHIES?
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED IN SHAPING A BETTER FUTURE FOR ALL?
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
BUSINESS | GOVERNMENT | ACADEMIA | STUDENTS | GENERAL PUBLIC
Ambassador Thomas Schneider
Ambassador and Director International Affairs at the Swiss Federal Office of Communication (OFCOM)
Chairman, FIPRA (Ex DG Connect & Ex DG SANCO, EU Commission)
Dr. David Weinberger
Renowned author and senior researcher at Harvard's Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society
Chair, Future of Science and Technology Panel, European Parliament
Assistant Professor (Chair of Law, Economics, and Data Science) ETH Zürich
Group Head of Data & AI at The Adecco Group, Zurich
Senior Economist, OECD, Directorate of Public Governance - Regulatory Policy Division
Prof. Marcel Salathé
Academic Director EPFL Extension School, Co-founder AIcrowd
Dr. Daniel Egloff
Head of Innovation Unit, Swiss State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI)
Dr. Jochen Friedrich
Technical Relations, IBM
Professor of Ethics and Technology, Hertie School of Governance
Dr. Gabriel Krummenacher
Lead of the Data Science Team, Zühlke Group
David Campos Pavon
Nestlé e-Business and Digital General Counsel and Group Data Privacy Officer
Founder, Women Leading in AI & Technical Director - Privacy, Deloitte, UK
CEO and Co-Founder, Medisanté
Technology & Innovation Policy Specialist at the Europen Parliament
Cognitive Systems, IBM, Zurich
Director for Information and Action Against Crime, Council of Europe
Dr. Prof Philippe Ryvlin
Head of Department of Clinical Neurosciences (DNC) CHUV
Head Healthcare Artificial Intelligence & Data Science, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Chair, NYC Bar Science and Law Committee & Fellow Law and Tech ETH Zurich
Founder PersonalData.IO, Hestia.AI and MyData Geneva
Dr. Christian Busch
Swiss State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation
Dr. Ron Chrisley
Director, Center for Cognitive Science, University of Sussex, UK
Dr. Jovan Kurbalija
Executive Director of DiploFoundation and Head of the Geneva Internet Platform
Dr. Ekkehard Ernst
President at Geneva Macro Labs & Future of Work and AI specialist at ILO
CEO, Empowerment Foundation
The conference will explore three key questions:
- What role can policy frameworks play to instill trust in AI and protect the society and businesses against harmful misuse?
- How can we address geo-harmonization of AI policy to manage cross-border business risks, enhance competitiveness and foster innovation?
- How to get AI ready as an individual & as an organization to maximize the benefits from this powerful tool for our future generations?
The two-day program will combine keynote speeches, panel discussions (followed by Q&A) and academic review sessions.
- If you are interested in Ethics and Technology, Artificial Intelligence, Politics, Social Change, Sustainable Development, Public Sector Modernization, Better Governance, Regulatory Policy, this is a conference you don’t want to miss.
- If you are a decision maker in a multinational, a startup, an SME, an IGO or an NGO, a thought leader, an academic or a regulator, time to join the conversation is now, the debate is already on, are you missing out?
KEY BENEFITS FOR THE PARTICIPANTS
- Take part in a one of a kind forum for exchange of experiences and best practices in regulatory risk management.
- Learn and share cutting-edge thinking on trends in AI in order to better predict the operating future for the company / industry
- Discuss use of regulatory strategy for business development purposes
- Participate in a multi-stakeholder debate and help co-create a common platform shaping the future of AI regulation
- Get full insights from the key experts on how to effectively engage in the new digital age (Industry 4.0)\
- Walk away with a hands-on toolbox allowing you to predict, plan and engage optimizing your future strategic business objectives
- Receive a follow-up publication prepared by a world class university with key conference take-aways helping define the path to an appropriate AI regulatory environment.